Welcome!

Welcome to Life with Tia. Don't know how well I'll do posting but figured I'd give it a shot. What I post may only be of interest to me, but if there are people who want to know what's up with me or how my brain works, or simply have nothing better to do, then read on. Please post comments. I need the encouragement and the opposing point of view (not that there will be any). Thanks for reading & posting. Hugs, Tia

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Today is enough

I'm going through a devotional book by Luci Swindoll. (Charles' sister) I first discovered Luci many years ago. She was a "grown" single woman having a ball with life. I read her book and thought I wanna grow up to be like her. LOL Time passed and I forgot about Luci and her joy and celebration from life. So when I saw her book posted on paperback swap.com (one of the best finds ever) I smiled and remembered and ordered it. I'm so glad I did.

Today's devo was about enjoying what we have and being content. I was reminded that we live in a world that demands that we always be doing something, anything. I always feel weird at work on Monday when I'm asked what I did over the weekend when I answer nothing. I haven't been to the movies in ages. I don't really need more stuff. I love being home. It is enough.

And that fits in with my goals for the year - to enjoy life - my friends - my home. There's tons of stuff that I can do at home - projects to complete. Emails to write. Notes on facebook to encourage. I need to do more of that. But for now I'm reminded that enough is enough.

God is enough. I need no other. Be it ever so humble...

1 comment:

Suz said...

I've been spending a lot of time home lately. It's nice. I've outgrown the hustle and bustle of it all...some how slowing/quieting down makes it easier for me to focus on & hear God. Besides, your home is so cozy and yummy...why leave?