Welcome!

Welcome to Life with Tia. Don't know how well I'll do posting but figured I'd give it a shot. What I post may only be of interest to me, but if there are people who want to know what's up with me or how my brain works, or simply have nothing better to do, then read on. Please post comments. I need the encouragement and the opposing point of view (not that there will be any). Thanks for reading & posting. Hugs, Tia

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reading - it's FUNdamental

So I'm updating the blog and looked at the books I'm reading and of course I'd finished all of them ages ago. I read about a book a week, more when I'm traveling. That airplane flight is golden for reading. I put on my ipod and I'm off.

There's one book that I'm reading very slowly - Cold Tangerines - by Shauna Niequist. Shauna is the daughter of Bill Hybels from Willowcreek Church. Cold Tangerines is a collection of her writing that encourages the celebration of life. It's fabulous. I read one story a day or try to and reflect on the simplicity of the writing and the authenticity of the communication of the story and of the story itself. It's helping me "keep it simple" and reminds me to enjoy. Check out Shauna at her website, just click on her name. By the way her brother, Joe is sailing around the world with his friend Todd. They've got a website where they journal and post pictures of their journey. I think it's cool. Check it out crisismode.

Ok, our server is back up so I've gotta go back to work.

Peace & Joy

No comments: