Welcome!

Welcome to Life with Tia. Don't know how well I'll do posting but figured I'd give it a shot. What I post may only be of interest to me, but if there are people who want to know what's up with me or how my brain works, or simply have nothing better to do, then read on. Please post comments. I need the encouragement and the opposing point of view (not that there will be any). Thanks for reading & posting. Hugs, Tia

Friday, June 29, 2007

It's Friday again

Those of you that know me, know that I hate to work on Fridays. I don't know why but I just can't get fired up to work on a Friday. I would rather work 4 - 10+hour days and have Friday off than work a "regular" work week.

Today however, started off with a laugh so I just might make it through the day. At our now famous morning staff meetings we start off with people alerting everyone to their "ins & outs". With so many of us traveling at one time it helps to know who will be in when for scheduling of meetings etc. As a joke today someone announced that they would be out of the office next Wed. which is the 4th of July. Once everyone realized that they too chimed in saying they would be off that day. LOL

All of a sudden one of our team declared, "Why can't the 4th of July holiday be on a Monday every year?" And that dear friends was it. That is the statement that will carry me through this dark, dreary and wet Friday.

Of course I understand she meant that Independence Day should become like other fine holidays that are observed on Mondays so we can avail ourselves of a long weekend. Having the day off in the middle of the week is rather "poopyish". However, always having 4th of July on Mondays is priceless.

Everyone, write your Congressperson or Senator today! Demand that the 4th of July be celebrated on Monday from now on! That'll keep those politicians on their toes!

Happy Friday!

No comments: